Learn about job opportunities with Cornell Cooperative Extension.
**Search extended. Continuous review of applicants until position is filled.**
With high level of initiative and discretion, the Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County Senior Administrator assists in leadership and direction for all delegated and assigned functions of the Association. As a member of the Association leadership, helps establish and recommends policies and procedures for legal and efficient Association operation and assists in decision-making process. Handles all Human Resource needs of association including coordination of search and hiring and supervision, and promotion and termination of all employees. Responsible for full range of management duties including access to confidential data and completing complex projects and reports. Acts as Grants & Contracts Manager for the association. Provides high-level assistance to Executive Director and Finance Manager in decision making regarding budget, purchasing and related areas. Fills in for the Executive Director at events and functions and serves as the point of contact for Association operations in his or her absence. Must comply with codes, policies and procedures issued by Cornell University, Cooperative Extension and Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County; primarily an administrator not an educator.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Associates Degree and two years transferrable functional experience is acceptable.
- Familiarity with standard Human Resource procedures in business world;
- Familiarity with budget preparation, cash flow tracking, reporting, compliance, financial statement preparation.
- Must demonstrate the tact, judgment and flexibility to effectively relate to people in order to motivate and direct their activities;
- Ability to initiate, plan, and organize work;
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written channels;
- Knowledge of secretarial and office management and basic fund accounting procedures;
- Advanced computer skills, including database management;
- Ability to recruit and maintain a quality administrative and/or programmatic staff;
- Ability to creatively solve problems;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to manage long-term goals within a context of day-to-day deadlines;
- Managerial skills to perform a number of varied and unrelated complex tasks using independent judgment;
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position; personal vehicle may be necessary for business use, mileage reimbursed.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
Green Teen Educator
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County (CCEDC) Green Teen Educator works under the supervision of the Green Teen Program Coordinator to deliver educational programs that provide life and work skills and related education to targeted youth with the focus on the food systems and gardening. Primary program responsibilities include, but are not limited to, gardening, mobile market work and recruitment of participants. The Educator also coordinates and facilitate operations as well as assists with the Green Teen Program evaluations.
The CCEDC Association is based in Millbrook, NY but the Green Teen Program and this position are based in Beacon, NY.
This is a seasonal position: full time, 40 hours per week, through December; part time, 20 hours per week, January through May.
- Associates Degree and two years paid or volunteer experience. GED/High School Diploma and three years transferrable program experience is acceptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database management;
- Must be committed to creating and maintaining an environment that fosters youth development;
- Must enjoy working in agricultural settings and be physically capable of doing frequent/daily manual labor. May be working in challenging weather conditions;
- Ability to complete project reports and keep accurate records;
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to meet frequent (potentially daily – depending on the season) travel requirements associated with this position. A valid NYS driver's license with the ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage and to transport youth are required;
- Ability to meet background check requirements;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work as part of a team;
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and/or weekends.
- A general knowledge of youth education using positive youth development strategies;
- Previous experience working in a youth development programs;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Previous experience in an agricultural setting, or related industry with retail experience;
- Ability to speak Spanish.
Read more and apply here!
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Dutchess County provides equal program and opportunities. No person shall be denied employment on the basis of any legally prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or qualified disability.
Last updated June 26, 2019