Learn about job opportunities with Cornell Cooperative Extension.
Accounts Payable Rep & Grant Accounting Assistant - Millbrook, NY
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County (CCEDC) Accounts Payable Representative and Grant Accounting Assistant works under the supervision of the Association Grants/Finance Manager to coordinate and fulfill financial functions for the Association’s Taste NY Market Todd Hill. This position will also fulfill assisting in grants accounting and vouchering and supporting accounts receivable operating functions. This is a full-time position, 50% dedicated to Todd Hill and 50% dedicated to assisting in grant vouchering and submission and Accounts Receivable functions. This position will serve as local Association contact for the Taste NY Market Todd Hill vendors and work closely with the Taste NY Todd Hill Market Manager and Association Grants/Finance staff to ensure the financial needs of stakeholders are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and practices.
- Proficient in computer operations of the Windows operating system, one or more major double-entry accounting software programs, and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate, error-free financial and statistical records.
- Commitment to learn Cornell-specific accounting software (currently Acumatica).
- Ability to ensure confidentially of information relating to financial matters at all times.
- Ability to organize and manage diverse workload focusing on identified priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing in English, and to understand and effectively carry out standard programs and instructions
- Ability to work cooperatively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of the Association in order to accomplish planned Association objectives.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, integrity, sound professional judgment, tact, and maturity to effectively relate to people in order to accomplish Association’s financial goals.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position (for example, standing, sitting) while constantly operating a computer and other office machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, etc. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and experience with non-profit finance is desirable.
- Prior experience in a double-entry accounting software program.
- Experience in budget preparation and management, accounts receivable/payable tracking, expense/revenue tracking, cash flow tracking, reconciliation, reporting, compliance, financial statement preparation.
Coordination/Operation - 95%
- Perform accounting functions according to Association policy and FORM codes including, but not limited to:
- A/P vouchering/entry into accounting software.
- A/P check payments – process checks after proper authorization and verification with appropriate staff.
- A/R invoice creation/entry into accounting software.
- A/R tracking and follow-up.
- A/R cash receipts entry.
- Assist with bank reconciliations (Both CCEDC and Todd Hill)
- Assist in preparing journal entries to record bank activity.
- A/R grant vouchering – assist in preparation of vouchers and collection of backup documentation for inclusion in submission to the funder.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports; acquire and maintain file documentation for funders according to the grant/contract guidelines and stipulations.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and reports including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements/reports.
- Ensure the highest level of confidentially of all financial records at all times.
- Serve as Association contact for the Taste NY Market Todd Hill vendors and work closely with the Taste NY Todd Hill and Association Grants/Finance staff ensure the financial needs of stakeholders are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures payments and other financial transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Assist with reports and billing for Todd Hill contract under supervision of the Grants/Finance Manager.
- Assists in monitoring Taste NY Market Todd Hill expenditures and revenues, ensuring adherence to various internal and external regulations.
- Assist Grants/Finance Manager, as assigned and other duties as assigned to support the financial operations of the organization.
- Assist with payments (check-runs), petty cash and other financial transactions are processed accurately and timely. Verify, classify, and code financial transactions.
Professional Improvement and Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applies to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applies to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Dutchess County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
This is a full time, 40 hours per week, benefits eligible, non-exempt position. Compensation starting at the rate of $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, based on eligibility, including:
- Vacation, Sick and Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- NYS Health Insurance Program (including Dental Insurance)
- NYS Retirement
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Group Universal Life Insurance
- Voluntary Personal Accidental Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Plan Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Voluntary New York’s College Savings Program
Please be sure to read the Notice to Applicants found on the Jobs with CCE page:
How To Apply: Applicants (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) must apply online through the APPLY button in this job posting. Current employees of Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County are considered internal applicants and must apply online through their Workday account which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/. For details on how to apply, visit: https://cals.cornell.edu/cornell-cooperative-extension/join-us/jobs/apply
All applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and indicate three individuals who may be contacted as a reference. Please consider indicating in your application all information you feel would be helpful for selection committee members to know. Once the application is submitted you will NOT be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting.
All applications must be received on-line by January 12, 2023. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. For additional questions or if you require an accommodation so you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Leah Cadwallader, Regional Human Resources Manager, e-mail LC267@cornell.edu or (845) 340-3990x314.
Association Accounts Rep I
Pay Rate Type:
Number of Openings:
For more information and to apply: Click here
Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
For additional questions please contact Leah Cadwallader, Regional Human Resources Manager, e-mail LC267@cornell.edu or (845) 340-3990x314.
Applicants must apply online. Please go to above link for the application and other pertinent information.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Notice to Applicants: Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Dutchess County provides equal program and opportunities. No person shall be denied employment on the basis of any legally prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or qualified disability.
Last updated January 7, 2023